Saturday, November 28, 2015

Focus on the family

I had never lived with children before my brother Ben and his children moved into a house share with my boyfriend and I. The kids were us three days a week.

Although I did not like the hand and foot-marks on the walls or the increased frequency counters, tubs and floors had to be cleaned again, I did like that the house was filled to the brim with the lively messiness of happy children.

Whoa: Parenting is hard. Ben is the first parent I ever lived with that wasn't my own mom and dad.

Parents need love, support, encouragement, company. When they invite you to their house for dinner: GO OVER! Bring a 6 pack. Smoke them up for crissakes! They are spending their money on winter coats and shoes for growing feet not on eighths....dubs.....dimes.

Ben: I suspected before and I know for sure now: you are a the BEST DAD EVER. Your children are the BEST. You are doing everything right.






No comments:

Post a Comment